Aluminium Button Inserts M5
Please note these are designed to fit a 5mm bolt with a 4mm Allen Key Drive.
Add the finishing touch with these neat little high tensile anodised aluminium buttons. Supplied with 'O' rings to form an airtight seal and keep out dirt.
Why not use in conjunction with our cup washers for a unique colour co-ordinated look?
Available in M5, M6, M8 and M10.
|Product Type||Finishing Touches|
|Weight in Gms||0.1500|
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
|To Fit Allen Key Size||4mm|
Manufactured from 7075T6 aluminium, and suitable for use in all non-safety critical areas, all products are available in a choice of black, blue, gold, orange, purple, red and silver. During manufacturing, the head is cold formed and the shank thread rolled. The anodising involves chemically brightening and colour anodising to between 8 and 12 microns thick. We offer Race Spec Drilled Flanged Hex Head, Socket Cap Bolts, Countersunk Bolts, Dome Head Bolts, Nuts and Washers – from 3mm to 10mm.
- Density2730kg/m3 (170lb/ft3)
- Young's Modulus 72GPa (10.4 x 106 psi)
- Yield Strength 505MPa (73.2 x 103 psi)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength 570MPa (82.7 x 103 psi)
- Compressive Strength 505MPa (73.2 x 103 psi)
- Shear Modulus27GPa (3.92 x 106 psi)
- Shear Strength330MPa (47.9 x 103 psi)
- Ductility 10% elongation at break
- Poisson's Ratio0.33
- Hardness 150 Brinell
- Strength-to-Weight Ratio 185 kNm/kg
- Stiffness-to-Weight Ratio 26.4 Mnm/kg
Mr Craig Shepherd - Feb 14, 2017A little extra...
Used this for my rear sets as I cant get a coloured bolt to change the original. With the button insert you can no longer see the original bolt so job done.