The nylon insert locks the Nut in two ways.
First, it forces the bottom face of the screw threads against the top face of the Nut threads, increasing the friction between the two.
Second, the nylon applies a compressive force against the screw itself.
Nylon inserts are less damaging to threads however the nylon can deteriorate with numerous re-uses.
Another feature of a Nylock Nut is that it can help to lock out moisture preventing corrosion and sealing the bolt thread.
Supplied here individually.
|Weight in Gms||4.8000|
|Country of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
Manufactured from A316 stainless steel. A316 stainless steel has a minimum chromium content of 16.5% and contains elements of carbon, molybdenum, silicon, phosphorus, sulphur, nickel, manganese and iron, all of which add properties of formability, strength, weldability and enhanced corrosion resistance. All of the fasteners are highly polished to a mirror-like finish.
- Density 8030kg/m3 (501lb/ft3)
- Young's Modulus 193GPa (28 x 106psi)
- Yield Strength 260MPa (37.7 x 103)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength 570MPa (82.7 x 103 psi)
- Compressive Strength 260MPa (37.7 x 103 psi)
- Shear Modulus78GPa (11.3 x 106 psi)
- Ductility 40% elongation at break +
- Minimum value allowed by ASTMA240
- Poisson's Ratio0.27
- Hardness 95 Rockwell B+
- Maximum value allowed by ASTMA240
- Strength-to-Weight Ratio 32.4 kNm/kg
- Stiffness-to-Weight Ratio 24.0 Mnm/kg
Black Stainless Steel: Long lasting finish resulting from an application of Diamond Like Coating (DLC). This unique finish increases the fastener lifetime and helps to prevent galling whilst providing a supreme hardness and offering the optimum in corrosion resistance thanks to a nanocomposite coating.